Saturday, April 10, 2010

Something I Do Well!

Throw a Party!!!! I'm participating in 5 Minute for Mom's 2010 Ultimate Blog Party! I would first like to send you an invitation to join...because what is a party without a lot of fun guests :).

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Every good party has a theme, and I like Mexican food and Margaritas so I'm choosing to throw a Fiestaaa! My Fiestaaa wouldn't be complete without my favorite Mexican recipes. I've added a 'Recipes' tab to the blog and as of right now it only features those two recipes: Con Queso and Beergaritas. I highly recommend both for any get-together, sombrero or not.

Next, I would like to introduce my blog and tell a little about myself. This blog was started when I was pregnant with, Liv, my now 8 month old daughter. We have family in Canada and all over the United States so this seemed like the best way to "keep in touch".

My name is Desi, I'm 25 years old mom and the only other cool thing I can think to say about myself is that I'm a twin (Dani is my other half). I met my boyfriend, Pat, while we were both attending Northern Michigan University. He is from Calgary, Alberta and had a full ride to NMU for hockey. We met (thats a story for another post) and started dating at the end of our Freshman year (2004). We've been together ever since. After finishing University, Pat went on to play pro-hockey (echl) and I stayed back to work and start my Masters. Pat spent one year in Stockton, CA where he played for the Stockton Thunder. We made the decision together to do long distance his first year playing pro, and planned to live together the next year wherever he landed. I thought it was my lucky day when Pat told me we were heading to Atlanta, GA! Well, it wasn't quite Atlanta...it was more specifically Buford, but the weather was amazing and I have no complaints. We had a great year living together and Pat and I didn't know going into that year that we would find out that I was pregnant. We had our daughter, Liv, on August, 2nd, 2009. Pat had literally three weeks with his little family until he had to leave for Belfast, Ireland. He played for the Belfast Giants this year. They offered him a great opportunity, which included a year long MBA program from the University of Ulster. It has been a very long year. We visited once at Christmas, which you can read about here, here, here, here, and here. Pat is finished with his hockey season and just has to finish out this last semester of school. His last exam is June 18th and I'm reallyyy hoping time flies. We are both looking forward to reuniting our little family and starting our life together.


In 2005. Our Sophomore year...don't we look young?

Another Sophomore year pic

Me and my other half

The day that changed our lives (we don't look tired or anything).

The center of our worlds...btw, I can't believe that Liv used to be this small!
Also, the Ultimate Blog Party is giving away a ton of prizes and my favorites are:
US23 - a $50 Gift Certificate to Monogrammed-Gifts.com
US85 - $40 Gift Certificate to BeautifulBlooms.etsy.com

6 comments:

  1. hi, here for the fiesta! Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm here for the party!

    My name is Niki and I am your newest reader. I look forward to reading on to get to know you better.

    Come on by and visit me during the party; I'm hosting a giveaway you won't want to miss!

    http://free2befrugal.blogspot.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your story as well as the photos.
    Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
    I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
    Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
    I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from the UBP to say HI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Desi! What a cute girl you have there!! :D

    Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

    Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
    My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party!I am your newest follower, and I Love your blog! YOur Daughter is ADORABLE! Please visit my blog when you get the chance. http://www.gigglingkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete