I have done something like this before, but they are all different and the first thing I'm supposed to do is tell 7 things about myself, so here goes...
1. I now consider myself a Calgarian. My husband is from Calgary and we moved back here when he finished his MBA in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I'm not a citizen, but in the process of receiving my permanent residency.
2. Liv (Olivia) wasn't one of my baby name choices. The 3 options I had going were Leni, Charlie, and Aida.
3. This goes along with #2, but I'm a nickname person and my hopes for Liv are that everyone calls her Liv and not Olivia. Weird? My real name is Desaree, but nobody calls me that...nobody. If someone asks me "Is Desi short for Desaree", I usually respond with "yes, but don't ever call me that" :).
4. I love cooking. I didn't know how much I liked it until after college. I read a lot of cooking blogs and I like trying new recipes.
5. I used to teach a group fitness class called Body Jam. It was a dance aerobics class. I was really good at it, but I would never attend that class unless I was the instructor...because I got to practice a lot and if I just went in and did it I would suck.
6. I've never owned an ipod. Recently Pat gave me his itouch because he bought an iphone. His instructions were "don't delete any songs because my phone doesn't have enough storage on it for all the songs and i will want to get them". Well I can tell you to never leave someone who has never owned an apple product alone with your full itouch. The songs were gone within a day of me owning it. However, I kept it from him for a month because, as I stated it to him "i'm afraid of you".
7. I have a not so secret obsession with Tim Hortons. Ummm my American friends, have you ever had it??? My go-to's are an xl double double (coffee with 2 creams & 2 sugars) or an xl steeped tea with 1 cream and 1 sugar. I just finished a tea...because I have one almost every day. Sick obsession.
So now I nominate 7 blogs that I have recently found and enjoy!
Adventures in Tullyland
Confessions of a Grad School Bride
Expecting the Unknown
Keeping up with Kennedy
Life on the 3rd Lane
lo & behold
So, here are the official rules to accepting the award!
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
In news around the homefront, Pat is home and we purchased our christmas tree today! I also got Liv her christmas jammies and a few christmas candles for around the house (a pine smelling one and frosted cranberry obv.). Its starting to really look and smell like christmas around here! We don't have any decorations yet, but I'll post some pictures when we pick them up and get our monster tree decorated.
Oh, and I would love to know what it costs to buy a tree in the states...because I am almost positive it didn't cost as much as we spent on this tree. I almost pee'd my pants when he asked us to cough up over $70?!!!!! But really, the smell is just too good to pass up.