Saturday, September 25, 2010

a little off

Liv has just been "off" lately. She just isn't herself. I know she's not feeling well. She has a runny nose but no ear pulling and she doesn't seem to be bothered by anything else. So I have been holding off on the medicine until the last two days because I just don't know how to make her feel better. I always end up bringing Liv to a walk-in center and nothing is wrong. Seriously, just took her in at home bc I thought she had an ear infection, waited 2 hours and oh she's perfectly fine. With that said, I'm a little hesitant to bring her in because I tend to over-analyze my child's illnesses.

She hasn't been eating a lot...and if you know my child that is the biggest red flag, because she loves food. A LOT. Also, the girl has been sleeping through the night for months and if the random night came that she woke up, I would just give her a bottle and it was easy peasy. Now is a whole other story. She wakes up and screams bloody murder if I even want to think about walking out of her room ::sigh:: needless to say, I'm exhausted, she's exhausted, and its just not so pretty. Zombie mommy has entered the building.

I'm gonna go off on a little tangent now. Whenever I put Liv in bed with me it usually ends with her back in her crib crying herself to sleep. Because the girl doesn't get that its bedtime, she usually ends up talking or dancing or doing something equally inappropriate at bedtime. The other night she was lying there, took out her sucky, blew a few kisses at the ceiling and then put her sucky back in. This happened multiple times. The next night I made the decision that I needed to just give her a bottle and that was it...enough was enough. Well I heard her cry, got up and headed to her bedroom. As I opened my door I can hear Liv's "train" (its a riding toy that has lights and sings songs when you push buttons). Ummmm the thing was going off constantly...its not supposed to do that. So immediately I was freaked. I gathered liv, seahorse, sucky, and blankey and hid out in my room. I could still hear that damn train so I kept restarting Liv's seahorse. Then I thought about calling Ryan (Pat's brother) to make him go turn the haunted train off, but decided against it. I toughened up, turned all the lights on in the house and went to turn it off myself. I put liv back to bed and she fell asleep until 7:30. I'm just really looking forward to when she feels like herself. I have a pictures to demonstrate Liv not acting like herself.

All of a sudden we realized we didn't hear Liv in the room...looked over and saw her lying on her belly reading a book. This may seem like a normal activity for 1 year olds, but not for Liv...not ever.


2 comments:

  1. moving, a time zone change (even just a few hours), new places can all through them for a loop. H was not like himself for 3 weeks after moving across the pond. Hope you get some sleep soon! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like I was reading about my life the past month. From screaming at all hours (hello last night) to not eating much (pursing lips at everything) to playing in bed at 5am, to being obsessed with her books.

    I was worried too, but I also tend to over analyze things. Hopefully this stage passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete