Friday, September 3, 2010

13 months

I'm still keeping track by the month...until liv is 24 months. I have the right to take that back if I change my mind though. Liv turned 13 months yesterday. It was like any other day in livi's world. Her world is very busy.

Liv's philosophy on life is as follows:

-wake up and run around, trying to ignore mama as long as she can because she hates getting her dipe changed.
-finally give in because that full diaper gets heavy and its holding her back.
-play play play, while mama gets her some water/juice in her sippy so she can throw it back as fast as she can
-breakfast time, which is easily one of her most favorite times of the day. Her favorite lately includes blueberry pancakes, yogurt, fresh blackberries, nectarines, prunes, etc...
-she likes to thoroughly tire herself out, until she starts following me around and crying, wanting to be picked up...so mama gets her a bottle and puts her down for a nap. Liv doesn't object, but happily grabs her blankie and rubs her little face while drinking her bubba.
-2 hours later (thats the duration of this maniacs nap lately), liv is ready to play again, oh and eat lunch. Her new favorite food, which I find absolutely mind boggling, is fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. Of course, thats just an appetizer, bc this girl likes to eat.
-The early afternoon is full of playtime, until nap time rolls around again and another 1.5-2hr nap ensues.
-The day wraps up with some evening play time, dinner, and mayyyybe some snuggles.

Liv has a huge personality. She's very strong willed and knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it, and if you don't get it for you she will make sure you know she's not happy about it. She is still babbling a lot. I can tell she is trying to say some things, but doens't do so on command consistently. The words I've heard her say are: mama, papa, dada, gak gak (quack quack), oooh oooh (woof woof)...and that might be it.

She definitley needs some more socializing in her life. She isn't very patient with other children. I know eventually she will be in daycare and be around children her age, but I can't help but worry a little bit. But, my 2 hours of freedom are up and Liv just woke up from her morning nap! Dani is coming up this weekend and we will take pictures I'm sure...so those will be on their way.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Happy 13 months Liv!! Addie is not very social either. She clings to me. I guess we should love this clinginess now, one day they wont want anything to do with us! :)

    ReplyDelete