Sunday, September 19, 2010

calgary

I know i've been MIA lately. We are here obviously, but I just haven't found the time to blog about it yet. I'll start off with how our trip went:

Liv was an angel. She was so well behaved that I questioned a few times whether it was my child hanging out in the backseat. The device that saved us was the dvd player my grandma brought, which straps to the back of the passenger seat. Liv watched elmo and yo gabba gabba for 3 days straight. I may be a bad mom for letting her, but hey...she was very content. It did end up taking us 3 days. I will not be complaining though, because Liv was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better baby on the trip.

My grandma is in town until Tuesday. We are heading to Banff tomorrow to be tourists. I will hopefully get into the grove of things this week. I feel a little weird about everything right now. We haven't been able to see Pat yet either. He's in Northern Alberta working on a rig. He is still training and has to get all the work he can. We are hoping that he can get home for a few days this weekend. But nothing is a for sure.

Liv is adjusting nicely. She's been waking up randomly and not wanting to go back into her crib. The little gremlin won't sleep in bed with me though. I tried two nights in a row. The first night my tv was on and the credits were rolling and Liv stood up, arms straight in the air and started dancing. That ended quickly. The next time ended basically the same, with a crying Liv in her crib angry that her mom wanted her to sleep.

I have my camera back now...however, I would be lying if I told you I've taken pictures. I will take a lot tomorrow in banff. I'll leave you with a few that Dani took our last weekend in the Soo.







1 comment:

  1. Do NOT get down on yourself for allowing the DVD player on that trip. It helped you all arrive safe, sound and sane :) Glad you made it safe. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete