Friday, July 16, 2010

Stampede

Well...it was about 90 degrees out yesterday when we headed to the stampede, which made for a very sweaty tour of the grounds. Liv is a little too young to really enjoy all the kid activities they have and boy do they have a lot. She may not have been able to participate, but she loved watching everyone esle. She is a people watcher through and through. We walked down to where the teepee's were and finally let her out to walk around...it didnt last long because she has a mind of her own and wants to take lots of little detours.

I am sooo excited to go to our concert tomorrow. It will be our first real date night since we have been back together. We haven't done anything with just the two of us yet. Its much needed. Especially in a stressful time where we are trying to organize our lives so that we can stand on our own feet here in Calgary. BTW, Calgary is HUGE. Maybe not for those of you who live here, but holy moly...when we drive around I think to myself that I would never be able to navigate this city completely alone. I will be using a tom tom when I need to. Back to the point...tomorrow is the big night and before that, Liv is going to be fainting because Elmo will be standing, in the flesh, right before her eyes. While liv is hyperventilating, I think I'm going to go on the hunt for a Stampede shirt to go out in :). That will pretty much sum up out weekend. I don't think I will be able to take any pictures during the concert but I will send Pat off with my camera for pictures of Liv with Elmo.


some of the teepee's

peeking over uncle ryan's shoulder

if only you could have seen the food vendors here...unbelievable amounts, deep fried jelly beans, oreos, pickles, mac 'n chz, everythinggg



sporting her little cowboy/fedora :)






No comments:

Post a Comment