Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2 Month Well Visit

Liv had her 2 month well visit at 3 1/2 months. Oh well, Dr. Mackie has a lot of babies and it took us awhile to get in. No big deal. The appointment started out great. Liv was in a good mood, surprisingly because she was due to eat. She smiled and coo'd the whole time.

Here are her stats:
Weight: 17lbs 1oz - over the 95th percentile (he didn't give me an exact percent)
Height: 24 inches - 75th percentile
Head: 16 1/2 in - no percentile on this one

Dr. Mackie said "well, she's a little chubby...but we knew that" hahah. She is healthy though and thats all we care about. I asked about a rash she's had on her neck and Dr. Mackie made me feel better about not giving her the antibiotic that was given to her at the walk-in clinic, but prescribed Liv a cream for her neck. He also "ok'd" me to start feeding her cereal at 4 months. The downside of the appointment was yet to come though. Ellie, Dr. Mackie's nurse came in with another nurse and 3 vaccinations. They asked if I wanted to be in the room and I agreed, so I leaned over and held both of Liv's hands. Well Liv's chubby thighs didn't help her out in this department. She squeezed her little eyes shut, her face got beat red and she screamed her little head off. She had big alligator tears rolling down her cheeks and she cried harder than I have ever seen her cry. After they were all done Ellie said I could feed her in the room because they didn't need it. So I agreed because I thought it would calm her down. She would eat, then it was like she remembered what I just did to her and start crying hard again, then eat some more...it went on for awhile. Then this little baby boy came by and Ellie stopped in front of the door with him and he was crying and as soon as Liv heard him....she started again. It was a little traumatizing to Liv. I gave her a little bit of tylenol before her appointment, but now that I know she gets the big girl dose, I will give her more in a few hours.

Other than that, we are now waiting to leave for Marquette and Liv is passed out in her carseat because she fell asleep on the way home and there was no way I was waking her up. Here are some pictures of Liv in all of her chubby cuteness...and a video, or two.




Sporting her leg warmers and doing a little aerobics?




passed out in the chair next to her grandma

pouting in her sleep


Big blue eyes

Smiling at Lily

Cute outfit and the tennies her daddy got for her :)


Getting ready to go to grammy's for the morning while mom was at work...check out those winter boots!


Liv and I...early in the morning

Grandma and Liv






Liv has really started using her jungle gym how she is supposed to and not just sit there. She gets excited and kicks her little legs...it looks so funny.


Here's liv gabbing away for Shannon, my mom, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment