Friday, March 11, 2011

reminders

I was driving in the car the other day and a song came on the radio. A country song. It made me immediately think of Shannon. As I pulled in front of the house, I waited to hear the name of the song or the artist who sang it, but nothing...

I googled and googled, but not being able to type out a single lyric didn't help my cause.

Fast forward a few weeks. I got home from the gym around 7:30 this morning. I sat on our bed waiting for Pat to get ready for work and Liv to wake up. I was trying to watch the news to get updated on the tsunami, but there was a commercial playing. After pressing the guide button to see what else I could flip between, CMT caught my eye. I used to watch CMT every morning...but not anymore because Liv prefers elmo.

I thought to myself, maybe I'll catch that song that I heard...

It was playing when I switched it over. In fact, it was at the beginning and I was able to hear the entire thing and see who was singing it and what it was called.



No comments:

Post a Comment