Tuesday, February 1, 2011

18 months

Eeeep. Six more months and Liv will be 2. I'm not sure how many other mothers of 18 month olds feel this way...but I'm hoping the "terrible two's" don't get more terrible when Liv actually turns two. She's very...spirited. I am still working on my "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" book, but I've been reading a lot about spirited toddlers. It makes me feel good to know that even though she's a crazy person now, it doesn't mean she will be forever and most spirited kids turn out to be lovely individuals ha.

Liv has her 18 month appointment tomorrow at 3:35. It will also be her first appointment in Calgary. I'll update how it goes and what her stats are after that. I'm very curious as to what she weighs and how tall she is. She hasn't had a doctor's appointment since her 12 month!! That was a long time ago, or at least it seems that way.

Liv continues to be a little ball of energy. The child never stops.ever. She is now usually taking just one long nap a day. Sometimes she has a little "lay down" in the morning. She happily goes in her crib and talks/plays for a half hour or so while I get a little break/shower/do laundry/etc...

Oh yeah...I suppose I should mention she is still taking a bottle. However, she is only taking 3oz at only nap time and bedtime. Pat and I are seriously procrastinating. We keep pushing the date back. Its currently set for next monday...but we will see. Dr. Mackie told me at Liv's 12 month appointment to not worry about weaning until 15-18 months. Well ladies and gentlemen, I've reached my limit. I say 'I' because I really think its more my fear of taking Liv's bottle away than that she isn't ready. I have myself convinced it is going to be a nightmare. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes and what we do.

I'm not going to list all of the words Liv says anymore. She says too many and I do her an injustice by limiting her vocabulary to the words I can think of off the top of my head. Something that has really improved with Liv and her vocabulary is she is now willingly repeating words we ask her to say. She was being a bit stubborn about it before. She gets very frustrated when she wants something and I have to remind her to tell me what she wants. Her little fits usually sound something like this, "peas, peas, peaaassss, peass!!!!!!!" or like this, "nononononononoononNONONONO! She has also started to grab us by the hand and say "peas" for us to follow her and she'll show us what she wants. Its very sweet to have her come take my hand in her miniature hand.

She has been going to a moovin' and groovin' class with her Grandma Carolyn. She does this on Tuesdays...and much to my surprise, she is very reserved and shy. I wasn't expecting that report at all. It did give me a bit of relief though. I was afraid I was going to hear that she was the class bully.

OH. and last but not least...her by far favorite thing to do lately is, calling everyone and everything "BAD". Lily is bad, Pat is bad, I'm bad, auntie leslie is bad, auntie dani is bad, grandma is bad.....you name it, if they piss liv off...they're bad. Sometimes when she gets mad at me because I take something away from her, she'll hit me and say "BAD!" and I look at her and say "no, you're bad!" haha. Its becoming a slight problem.

I'll make sure to take some pictures tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this post. It made me laugh and trust me when I say that I needed it at 3 a.m. Liv is pretty funny:)

    ReplyDelete