Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SAHM for a day

I got to be a stay at home mom again for a day. I wish it had been under better circumstances, but Liv had the flu. It started yesterday around 6:30pm. Her and I were taking a nap in my bed when I got off from work. I woke up before her, so I left her to sleep a litte longer (yeah yeah I know...but who disturbs a sleeping baby? not this mom). Anyways, my dad went to go get her and she was FULL of puke. She, however, was in great spirits...my dad claims she was babbling and rolling around in her own puke. The smell obviously didn't phase her. Her hair and clothes were soaked...not to mention my bedding ::sigh::. She also had chunks of peas from her lunch in her hair. I may have gagged a few times...So I threw her in the big girl tub (which we hadn't done yet, but she loved it so we repeated that today), and changed her pj's. Not even 20 minutes later, Liv puked all over her pj's. Like seriously, what do you do with a puking baby? Me, well I tried to catch it in a burp rag...is that weird? I didn't know what else to do, but the child didn't stop until she had puked in the seat of her walk-around, two spots on the carpet, and I caught the rest. Clearly, if puke catching were a sport I wouldn't be MVP.

I'm happy to say that she's feeling better. I may have freaked out slightly and called the ER to see what to do and when I was supposed to bring her in. They did give me good advice and that was to dilute her formula and not give her as much as usual. Which was a better idea than I had, which was to not feed her because duhh she'd throw it up. Not such a great idea I guess. She was so tired from all that puking and the child fell asleep on my shoulder! I know, I haven't talked about this before, but she will.not. sleep on my shoulder. Its like when she's up in that position she has better things to do than lie her head down. So, I knew she wasn't feeling good when she was doing her pre-snooze chatting before she was dead to the world on my shoulder.

I called Bonnie this morning and she had said there was another sick baby yesterday and both her and I weren't comfortable sending Liv there when we didn't know if she'd be sick or not. She said that it happens too much that the parents can't take a day off and send their child to daycare sick, because of work. I didn't want to do that and I definitley didn't want to be called from work if Liv was puking everywhere. So, we stayed home together. She didn't puke today. She was really tired though. She took a nap in the morning, a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, and I could not keep her up past 7:30 tonight. She wanted to sleep at 6:30, but I held her off. So the poor thing is probably still not feeling 100%, but she will be at grammy's tomorrow and I won't have to worry about her.


A picture of us from the weekend when she was feeling her spunky self :) I think she really looks like Pat in this picture.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful photo of you two! Puke catching does not sound like fun. :( Hope she starts to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Desi, that sounds scary. The joys of having babies in daycare right...She totally looks like Pat in that picture! I saw Dani last night and she told me that he went to Dublin for St Patty's day yesterday..how lucky!! Come to MQT. soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog today, your little one is adorable, so sorry she's sick, i hope she gets better soon.
    <3
    carrie b.
    www.citymom-countrymom.com

    ReplyDelete