Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ready

I am SO ready to open my mailbox and find my work permit inside. It would be the best Thanksgiving (american thanksgiving)/Christmas/oh you know anytime present EVER.

It has been 10 months since I sent in my application and we were so naive with our expectations. Our expected timeline is quite laughable now.

I feel very lucky that I have been able to stay home with Liv and watch her grow and do new things every day. It's a blessing to be able to do that. I am sure I will miss it, but...and this is a big but...I need to work. I need more adult interaction. I need to meet some friends.

I have been living in calgary for about a year and a half. I have met people through my MIL and SIL, but nobody by myself. I definitely need to take some of the blame because I can be antisocial. I avoid mommy groups because the thought of bringing my not always well-behaved two year old to a group full of moms that don't know us scares me. I should have been more outgoing, but I wasn't. So, here I am on the verge of my new beginning. I'm excited to have a new opportunity.

I used to always tease Pat in University that my goal in life was to make more money than him...and now I just want a job ha! How times change.

1 comment:

  1. Sending positive thoughts your way! I hope you get it soon. It must be exciting though, it could happen any day now!

    ReplyDelete