Tuesday, November 22, 2011

judge me

Do you ever feel like you are being judged?

For example, if I'm out in public, I feel overly aware of how I'm reacting to Liv. Such as, she's throwing a tantrum on the floor, do I do what I want to do, which is walk away from her and leave her there (in the aisle, not the store...obviously) or will people look at me and think "well she could have handled that a bit better".

Its not so much that I care what people think, because I know I'm a good mom, but it angers me that someone thinks they could do a better job. Especially if you aren't a mom or dad. If you have never woke up in the middle of the night (multiple times), been pee'd and pooped on, rocked and cradled a baby, watched them grow and learn, loved someone so much that you couldn't live without them, If you have never been the most important person in the world to someone, someone that calls you mama (or dada) and is the most loveable, frustrating and beautiful person you'll ever know...then shut it.

Please, go be the best parent you can be, when you are a parent...I'm sure you'll be better than the rest of us. If only we could take a peek into our future and see all the things that we thought mattered that didn't matter much at all in the end.

I'll never look at a child again and think "well her mother didn't put much thought into what her child was wearing" or "poor kids, her mom didn't wash her face", because now I think "It's amazing that she got the child out of the house, through the grocery store and the child is still smiling". Being a parent really changes your perspective on things.

4 comments:

  1. I completley 100% percent agree with this whole post! I always say some people are the best parents before they ever have a child and know what it's really like (the good, the bad, the ugly!)That exact time out thing happened to me..I left Taylor in an aisle and I could still see her and someone came up to me to tell me what they thought. snap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself, "people are the best parents before they ever have a child"...100% true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I have totally been feeling the whole judgy parent thing lately. Although, I find its from people who have infants and haven't experienced the terrible twos yet. Or my sister-in-law who has a 19 month old but she is in full time daycare...yeah, it's easy to be an awesome parent when someone else is doing the majority of the dirty work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete