Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home

We had so much fun in Victoria. It was the first time Pat and I had ever taken a vacation together so it was very nice and a long time coming. Its so weird because I'm used to having him gone all the time, we've done long distance for a majority of our relationship...so really, just living in the same place feels like a vacation!

Our first day we did some exploring, had dinner and a few pints at an Irish Pub, so our style. We were in bed by 9 because Sunday we were driving to Tolfino. I of course woke up early every day of vacation. It always works out that way doesn't it? It took us about 4 hours to get to Tolfino and in retrospect we would have booked a room there because this little town was amazing. So much to do and see. The drive there was a bit scary and I had to close my eyes a few times. Lots of narrow roads and steep drops, but the view was out of this world.

When we arrived, we booked a whale watching tour, had our best meal there at this place called SOBO, went to the beach and spent the rest of our time there with some grey whales! I took some pictures, but of course its hard to see anything in them. I will admit the boat ride did end up making me a bit sick for the rest of the day but it was still worth it.

Monday we spent the day exploring Victoria, we watched the Victoria Day parade, walked A LOT, and went to the wharf where we saw some house boats and seals just hanging out and being fed some fish. We had a night out and woke up early the next day to have breakfast with a friend.

It was so much fun to just enjoy each other and putter around. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit antsy to get home and see Liv. Her reaction to seeing us didn't disappoint. She was so excited and I missed her so much. I swear I leave for a few days and she grow up a little bit more. It makes me never want to leave her again!

driving to Tolfino...the trees her ginormo

I saw my life flash before my eyes a few times

wouldn't you like to live in that house on the ocean?

walking from the beach...it reminded us of sugarloaf (mqt)

whale! our skipper said "there she blows" every time ha.

a tail...so hard to see

sea lion colony

beautiful hotel in Victoria...known for there afternoon tea :)

capitol building

house boats on the wharf


having a snack

at big bad johns...our last night in Vic.

this place was hilarious


the decor.

1 comment:

  1. so glad that you guys had a great little vacation. The pictures look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete