Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The New Year

We started off the New Year with me receiving my work permit! You know the one that I've been waiting over 11 months for....yes that one. What better way to start the new year than with a fresh start and a new beginning. I can't even explain how exciting this is for me. I have felt stuck after moving to Canada. This work permit brings with it some excitement for me.

Liv has been on a waiting list for about a month to a daycare that is literally 2 blocks away. I am calling back today to check on when she'll be able to go. She'll be in for some big changes. Speaking of big changes, we are on day 3 of no "sucky". Well she gets it at naptime and bedtime, but this is seriously huge for her and us. It was our new year's resolution. She is under the impression that daycare is school and she is very excited to go to school...she woke up this morning talking about it :). I told her that yes she is going to school and there will be other big girls there and they won't have suckies because they don't allow them at school. She seemed satisfied with that answer ha.

We had a pretty low-key NY eve. We had a few people over and everyone pretty much filed out after midnight and we went to bed. It was nice to hang out at home and also to not have to stress about where we were going and finding a babysitter. So not worth it and this was much better. I do have far too much champagne left over, so it looks like I'll be drinking that tomorrow for the return of grey's, private practice, and vampire diaries!!!

It's also be unseasonably nice here, which is perfect when trying to keep Liv busy and her mind off her non-existent sucky...so we took a trip to the park yesterday. I have a bunch of pictures I discovered on my little camera that I need to upload and sort, so hopefully that will motivate me to do some more consistent posts.



kind of love this picture.

slide!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that third picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv is gorgeous! Having fun following your blog :-), glad things are going well for you guys in Canada!

    ReplyDelete