Monday, August 23, 2010

where has the time gone?

I know I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up while I've been back home and I would love to say that I'll do better, but I may be lying...so how about I just promise to try? K. I rolled out of bed at 6am today. Honestly, I haven't done this since a.) I was working and b.) my child used to wake up at the crack of dawn. It feels pretty good though. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and typing out a blog post while liv is sleeping like an angel downstairs. Its like the world's best kept secret or something. I really didn't wake up just to write a blog post and get some caffeine in me though. I have my medical appointment today for my immigration paperwork. I am going over the international bridge and getting it done in Sault, Ontario because well, I live in a town that can't offer that service to me. Its fine with me though because I plan on ordering a Large, Double Double from Tim Horton's when I'm there (if you haven't tried it, then you can't understand the crack they put in their coffee).

Liv and I have been quite lazy lately. We've done a lot of hanging around the house. But we did venture out yesterday to my friend's cabin. It was sunny but windy. The weather didn't bother liv though. She played for a few hours and then my mom met me halfway and brought liv home for a nap and I went back to play for a few hours :). It was the most fun I've had in awhile...we took a sauna and then ran out into Lake Superior. The waves were huge and we swam for hours. We actually went back and forth to the sauna 3 times, but seriously, the water was so warm we didn't really need to. It was a blast and I kept thinking about how much fun Pat would have. He might tease me about being a hick from a small town, but secretly he would have really enjoyed it.

I am heading to Marquette on Thursday without liv. I have a friend, Krysta's, wedding to attend on Saturday and the bachelorette party is on Thursday. I have known her for about 5 years. I worked with her at the Upfront for years and we enjoyed a few power hours together. We also have daughters that are very close in age. Its going to be like an upfront reunion for me and I'm gonna act like a young girl again haha.

I will leave you with a few random pictures that I have from Dani. She took some of them here and some when Liv and I were visiting Marquette.


oh god, liv was the happiest kid on earth when we let her walk lily around the yard...the tantrum that ensued after we took lily away was another story.




this little wagon usually holds legos, but i dumped it and brought it outside in an attempt to keep liv entertained during our fish fry dinner.

helping mama

she really gets a kicked out of chasing and being chased

taking a ride

uncle mike pulling the parade float (she was blowing kisses and waving to us from here ha)

1 comment: