Sunday, August 9, 2009

One Week Old

What a hectic week. Learning how to take care of a baby is hard work! We are now in Marquette for pretty much the rest of August. Olivia has a doctor's appointment on the 18th that we'll have to head back to the Soo for though. Everything has been going pretty smoothly. We had one rough evening where Olivia was fussy and I got a little emotional because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, but as my mom says "desi you just had a baby 7 days ago". I keep telling myself it hasn't been very long. Other than the one meltdown we're doing good though. Olivia is for the most part very content. She loves to eat haha. She wakes up usually twice a night to eat, about every 4 hours. She's drinking 3 oz. a bottle. We like to call her Chubba ha. She eats like a maniac...she drinks her bottles so fast and usually ends up with the hiccups at least 3 times a day. She has the bluest eyes and I love when she's awake and alert and staring at you. Especially when you feed her...it's like she's saying thank you. There's a few things she loves doing other than eating, she loves her swing, she loves to sprawl out on her back and look around, she loves her bouncy seat (sometimes), and she likes to sleep. I've decided infants are pretty boring haha, but for some reason I find a lot of entertainment just watching her. The date that Pat is leaving is getting close and I'm having a hard time even believing he's gonna be gone. We are in denial a bit...but I do have a lot of help that we're thankful for and we just have to remember that this is going to be for the best in the long run. I promised pictures on the last post and I didn't deliver, so I'll post an array of them, from her birth to yesterday :).

Staring intently at her daddy...she thinks she's the luckiest girl in the world when she's eating :)
Pat is convinced this is how Olivia was hiding in the womb...she tucks her feet up like that all the time haha
Staring at Auntie Dani
Lily trying to check out her new sister and Olivia's favorite gadget
Right before heading home from the hospital
After her hospital photo op

Her little hospital bracelet

Uncle Taylr
Pat's first time holding his daughter...studying eachother
First time meeting Auntie Dani
All cleaned up and upset
What?!! She's 9lbs????? hahaha, this was around that moment
First time seeing/holding Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment