Monday, May 18, 2009

29 weeks and 5 days

It's been awhile hey. I've been really busy for a change haha. I got back from Calgary two Sundays ago and I started work that next Monday, the 11th. I'm working in a first grade classroom as para-professional. I'm pretty much an assistant for the teacher...and do all the dirty work like bring them for bathroom breaks, to lunch, and out to recess. Thank god I wasn't doing this in the winter! I work Monday-Friday from8am-4...and surprisingly it goes by really fast :). I had a long first week though, it was my last week of class for the semester and I of course had procrastinated a bit...so I had to work my butt off, and then on Friday after my mom got off work at 5, we headed to Marquette for my friend, Krysta's, baby shower. She is due a little less than a month after me and we have known eachother for about 5 or 6 years. So...we woke up early the next morning so that we could make it to Target at 9 because I had to register for my baby shower, which I had procrastinated on, and buy Krysta her baby shower gift. Then I went to the shower, and we were on our way back to the Soo by 2! Needless to say, my mom and I both took a nap when we got home haha.



Target was also successful for one other thing...I bought the baby her crib bedding!! I had seen it the last time I was in Target and was stalking it online for a few weeks. So I knew it was exactly what I wanted. My mom bought a pack of matching recieving blankets and covered the rocking chair that we have and made a little curtain to match. Her and Dani are the crafty ones of the family...and I let them take over because they do a great job and I wouldn't haha. The rocking chair and curtain look really good and complete the whole "nursery"...which is my room too haha. Here are some pictures of the crib and bedding and some belly pictures because it's been awhile.



The beautiful curtain my mom made


An inside view. Chicketies, and the bumper looks like polka dots, but they're little flowers


My mom covered the custions with recieving blankets! She also made the ruffles.


Krysta and I at her Baby Shower


Its sticking out there more and more
my poor poor belly button

one more side-view


the baby's beautiful crib and rocking chair







No comments:

Post a Comment