Wednesday, December 7, 2011

poop strike

Potty training is going fairly well. Liv can wear panties all day and doesn't pee her pants. However, pooping is a whole other story. She continues to poop her pants, even with constant reminders.

So anyways, the other day she pooped her pants twice. I was livid after the second time. I try to talk to her and say "liv you can't poop in your panties, you need to tell mommy when you have to poop so you can poop in the potty". The second time though...I lost it. She went in time out, she got in big trouble. She knew mama was mad.

What does a two year old who won't poop in the potty do when she gets in trouble for pooping in her pants?? Goes on a poop strike thats what!

Liv is quite...regular. So 2 days with no poop was a bit of a concern for me. I knew what she was doing. So tonight she kept going into the bathroom and shutting the door. I would go in and she would come out. Then finally I heard her mumbling something about pooping. I followed her and said "liv do you have to go poop?". She said yes and she wanted to sit on the big potty (she only does this when she poops). And she did! She got down and said "whoa mom, thats a big poop!". Seriously, so proud.

I'll disregard the fact that she didn't exactly finish in the potty and I ended up cleaning undies anyways, but its the fact that she tried. Go Liv!

5 comments:

  1. hahahhahahahaha i LOL picturing her going into the bathroom and shutting the door on you and then going out when you would go in haha how are they so smart so young!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what she was thinking in her little mind! She is too smart for her own good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! she will get it!! you are on the right track!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh...It's like my house a few weeks ago! Kira went on a 3 day poop strike..twice. Good job Liv...in no time it will be poop in the potty full time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud! I love it! We are potty training now too...but I put diapers on her for bed and naptime still. She has pooped in the potty in the past, but since we seriously started potty training, she has been going in her pants. We are only on day 4 of underwear, so I'm not stressing too much yet. We only have around a 70% success rate so far, and I am CONSTANTLY asking her if she needs to use the potty. Do you just ask her every half hour or so and she goes if she needs to go? I feel like I have to bribe Lilah to sit on the potty, but every time she does, she pees. We are just going through a lot of candy, lol!

    ReplyDelete